Thursday, March 15, 2012

For the Record, I don't Hate Madonna. I just expect Better from her


Some folks have asked me if I hate Madonna. The truth is I enjoy Madonna... before 2000. I feel like we got the best of her in 5 albums. True Blue, Bedtime Stories, Erotica, Ray of Life and Music; after that, we got garbage.

I believe Madonna could do better than these "Jock Jams-ish" CDs she's been putting out. They say that music artists get better as they get older. Kate Bush, Prince, Peter Gabriel, Monica and Annie Lennox did, Madonna... not so much.

I want her to give us something worthy of praise, not this "Oh Mickey you're so fine" crap. She is Madonna and we know what she's capable of, so why are we getting this mess?

True fans of Madonna should want her to do better. It hurts to see them defend these Dance, Dance Revolution beats. Why are her fans accepting this stuff? Have they settled for mediocrity? Or are they like me, holding out for the real artist Madonna can be.

I don't know... But I do know if this CD goes Euro-dancey, I'm going on a full Madge strike until conditions improved.

3 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

So far the new album is getting raves. I loved Confessions, and was even one of the few who liked American Life. Hard Candy...not so much.

shesthemimi said...

I agree.
I really wanted Madonna to come blazing back and remind the world why she became an icon, show the young girls how it's done and all that.

Unknown said...

I gotta add Hard Candy to the mix. I had that CD in heavy rotation. At the gym, in the home, in the car.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.