Friday, March 23, 2012

New Poll: 9 out 10 folks want to Text in the Movie Theater


I'm concerned about our society. Beyond their love for dub step, skinny jeans and Taco Bell; a growing demand for texting in movie theaters is on the rise.

The Hollywood Reporter poll explains it all:
The poll found that a majority of 18-to-34-year-olds believe using social media while watching a movie in a theater would add to their experience, and nearly half would be interested in going to theaters that allowed texting and web surfing.
Okay, they can have one theater in a multiplex, or they should pay extra to do it. I don't know what wrong with these folks, but why would someone text through a movie they paid to see? Better yet, why would they want to ruin my movie experience?

I have been known to snatch a phone out of someone's hand, because they were texting next to me. I don't pay money to watch you text, so keep that mess at home.

2 comments:

Prince Todd said...

I will be staying home from now on. This will RUIN the moving going experience.
F**k 18 - 34 year olds (even though I am one of them)!

Anonymous said...

Since the smoking section is gone maybe they should come up with a text section. Does anyone remember the Bird Nest back in the day?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.