|pic from Rod 2.0|
This weekend, I attended the LGBT Editors and Bloggers Convening in Houston, TX. Over 40 well known bloggers and journalists got together to discuss hot issues in the LGBT community. I was very honored to be a part of this event.
|me, Andres from Blabbeando, Darian from lol Darian and Joe from Joe.My.God.|
Let me give a rundown of the lowdown.
- We learned that there's a huge generation gap in the GOP. The younger ones are moving away from the hate messages.
- The Latino vote scares the GOP
- Marriage equality is important, but there are other LGBT issues on the table.
- In fact, marriage was like a fly buzzing around folks heads. It was annoying how many times it was brought up, but pleasing to see how folks wanted to discuss other things.
- There are many out candidates trying to get in Congress.
- Many gays are pleased with Obama and it was repeated several times (thank goodness)
- We have a lot to learn about the Trans community.
- New language addressing our community is growing.
- The DNC has a lot work to do with the LGBT community and they are aware of that.
- Diversity is still an issues among bloggers and journalists.
- We need to work together as bloggers and journalists to strengthen our community.