Sunday, March 4, 2012

Rush Limbaugh Apologizes To Sandra Fluke, but still loses Sponsors


Rush caved and apologized to Sandra for calling her a 'slut'.

Here's the apology:
 "For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke.
I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit? 

In my monologue, I posited that it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone's bedroom nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a Presidential level.
My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices."
However, the bastard still loses his money bank. Carbonite, used to support Rush. But now, the company is out the door.

The CEO explains:
"No one with daughters the age of Sandra Fluke, and I have two, could possibly abide the insult and abuse heaped upon this courageous and well-intentioned young lady. Mr. Limbaugh, with his highly personal attacks on Miss Fluke, overstepped any reasonable bounds of decency. Even though Mr. Limbaugh has now issued an apology, we have nonetheless decided to withdraw our advertising from his show."
Isn't fun to watch Rush fall apart?

4 comments:

Cubby said...

Rush survived being exposed as a junkie (which still amazes me) and he'll survive this too. There will be no shortage of companies lined up to buy the newly-available advertising time on his show. Hate sells, and it sells well.

Bob said...

"I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke."
What did he think calling her a slut was?
It's like me calling Rush a fat, fucking, delusional drug addict, but, you know, don't take it personal.

Stan said...

He needs to go! I've e-mailed ClearChannel and signed petitions calling for his ousting.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Boycott em all!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.