Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Interesting Quote: Kirk Cameron

“I spoke as honestly as I could, but some people believe my responses were not loving toward those in the gay community. That is not true. I can assuredly say that it’s my life’s mission to love all people.


I should be able to express moral views on social issues,” he said, “especially those that have been the underpinning of Western civilization for 2,000 years — without being slandered, accused of hate speech, and told from those who preach ‘tolerance’ that I need to either bend my beliefs to their moral standards or be silent when I’m in the public square.


I believe we need to learn how to debate these things with greater love and respect. I’ve been encouraged by the support of many friends (including gay friends, incidentally).”
 Gay Friends? What gay friends?

source

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what they ALL say. They have gay friends . . . who they also lecture to condescendingly.

Anonymous said...

Kirk is queer. It takes one to know one and I know.

Ian said...

Luciferosirisarnold beat me to it...always thought Kirk was family. I just shake my head at the poor bastard. I wonder if God does too???? Probably.

Bob said...

He IS entitled to speak his opinion, just like all those people that call him a hater, a bigot, a homophobe, a quite possibly closeted gay man, have the right to do also.

Unknown said...

You were allowed to Mr. Cameron. Now that you've said it, you can't suddenly decide that other people aren't allowed to respond because you don't like what they're saying. Telling people they're unnatural is judgmental and the definition of being unloving. You give christianity a bad name.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.