Thursday, March 1, 2012

Glee's Karofsky saved lives... For Real

I don't watch Glee, but this scene did something to me. It was a reminder that many teens are struggling everyday to keep going.

This scene was quite powerful, check it out

Th good side of my post is how this particular episode of Glee saved lives.

EW reports

 The episode of the Fox hit led to a record number of traffic for the organization’s website and phone number. “What was great about the show is that they worked in conjunction with us so we knew in advance that there was going to in all likelihood be an increase in volume,” says cofounder Peggy Rajski. “What happened was the volume went up about 300 percent, but we were ready.”

Rajski says the Trevor Project toll-free number fielded triple the number of calls normally received, plus a huge online boost. “On average, our site probably attracts about an average of 1500 visits a day,” she admits. “Tuesday we got 10,000. There’s the power of network TV.”
Wow!

3 comments:

Bob said...

Pretty powerful stuff for a TV show, eh?

And I was THAT kid in the locker-room, though no one sprayed 'fag' on my locker, they just said it whenever i walked by.

Writer said...

That WAS a very powerful scene, and I'm glad it touched and helped so many. :)

Allan S. said...

This scene and episode turned me out.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.