Friday, December 9, 2011

So What Happened at BENT-CON?

Patrick Fillion and his partner Robert Fraser
 So, I haven't told you all about BENT-CON. It was the little project that turned into a big deal and now many gay geeks are truly better for it.

Last weekend, we hustled over to the Bonaventure in downtown LA to set up. (Yes, I was a little tired)
Bent Con Crew getting ready
We met the main exhibitors and had a couple of drinks. Just hanging out with the artists, writers and creators were amazing. The energy and excitement was clearly there; you could tell it was going to be a great weekend.
Dan's hot!
On Saturday, the madness began.  Folks start coming pretty much after 10AM. Many of the attendees were either in costume or just in their favorite geeky gear.

One of my roles as Director was to walk the floor and make sure everything was okay. I also hosted a few panels on blogging, Wonder Woman and Gays' obsession with Super Women.
Look at me being Wendy Williams
The energy continued throughout the day and later that night. We had an (almost) all night movie night featuring different LGBT styled horror flicks. On Sunday, we had more of the same, but more people.

We had a few celebs stop by like Darryl Stephens from Noah's Arc
 Before I knew it, the weekend was over and BENT-CON closed it doors. It was a whirlwind of a weekend, but it was a mega blast. I was so happy with the results and I couldn't ask for a better team to work with.

We had over 1900 folks attending BENT-CON this year, over 1900! I realized that we started something that has to continue. We have so many emails asking us about BENT-CON 2012 and how they can get involved. It feels so good to see something like this just blow up! I'm so happy to be a part of this fabulous adventure and I can't wait to plan out next year's event.

3 comments:

David Dust said...

Fantastic job - congratulations on your success!!!

XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Robert F. is hot!!! Vic you are every where.

Anonymous said...

That is great news. I'm glad everything turned out well.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.