Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tug of War Moment: G.I. Joe


I'm cringing as I await G.I. Joe the movie this weekend.

When I was younger, I lived and breathed G.I. Joe. I created thousands of stories with my action figures, bed sheets, tree trunks and bushes.

So when it was announced that a movie was being made, I was excited... But now, I'm concerned.
Paramount Pictures won't screen it for critics, however a few geeky bloggers saw it and loved it, but then again, their raves were about how hot the Baroness was.

The studio also said they are aiming for the Heartland, i. e. the birth place of American Foolishness (hey, I'm from the heartland so I know). They even did a screening for 1,000 military service members and their families at Kansas City, Charlotte, N.C., and Columbus, Ohio.

The creators of the movie claim they have no apologies about the movie, but they won't let the critics see it. I think if you don't care what others think, then showcase it.

I will see it, because I still have fond memories; but in the end, G.I. Joe the movie may be an one night stand.


source

3 comments:

Greg said...

That the studio won't show it to critics usually doesn't bode well in my book. I'm very iffy on this one, especially after seeing the trailer.

WilsonW said...

Greg-I was iffy on this one just seeing the casting choices!!

Wonder- If you think this is even worth a one night stand then you have more "Hope" than Jesse Jackson!! (But uhmm..psstt..if it is good please come back and tell us and feel free to blast it as well if it's as bad as many say it will be!) ;)

Prince Todd said...

I just want to see Channing Tatum. That's pretty much it!

And is it just me or has Marlon Waynes actually gotten cute?! He's right up there with Shawn (hotness wise)now!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.