Friday, August 1, 2008

The LV Experience


Well, I did it. After years of saying I will, I did. I got my Louis Vuitton bag. Yes, yes, I know it's crazy, but I think we all got our things. Usually it's comics, movies, work clothes, and Sprinkes;
but this time, it's Louis.

A while ago I talked about winning a bet from my partner for the LV bag. Once he paid up, I headed down to Beverly Hills to the flagship store. If you ever get a LV bag, you may find it a bit interesting. They greet you and help you find your item. Then they take you to the back to ring up your item. Now, the whole time, they are guarding you future purchase with care until the deed is done. But to my surprise and minor embarrassment, my bank almost didn't want my dreams to come true.

The minute they ran my card through, it was declined and in the 2nd run it was denied again. I could've died, standing with a declined bank card. As I slowly began to melt inside, my bank called me. They thought someone stole my card and was trying purchase a high priced item, so in my safety, they stop the payment. I told them it wasn't stolen and please reactivate it...they were ruining my moment. So after that mini-drama, I got my bag and now I'm happy...and $741 lighter.

5 comments:

Greg said...

Oh, no!! This happens at work sometimes, when parents are paying for wedding receptions. It's so embarassing, but just the bank being cautious on your part.

Before we stopped accepting credit cards, I used to warn folks in advance to let their companies know they were about to have a Big Weekend of expenses.

I'm glad it worked out--nice bag!

Wonder Man said...

Thanks, Greg. I think so too

RobOrange said...

Now that is all behind you, I am sure
you are loving your bag. It is very nice.

Wonder Man said...

I am, thank you roborange

Joie Mayfield said...

When I bought my first laptop, I used my bank card, and it was $1,400. Afterwards, I took my family to eat at a restaurant. The waitress comes back, rather embarrassed. She told me that my card was declined. I called the bank. they told me that they put a stop on future purchases, just in case the big purchase was a fraud. I then asked, "Shouldn't you have put a stop on the $1,400 instead of the $50?" Anyway, all was well, and we didn't have to wash dishes.

Congrats on Louis.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.