Thursday, August 14, 2008

Frak You, MTV!


MTV is making a huge mistake, as usual. Awhile ago, I talked how MTV planned on remaking The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Well the writer and Divo Mega, Richard O'Brien had this to say:

"I have no view on whether it should be remade but it doesn't have my blessing,"
"I don't know where they'll go with it really.

I've even heard that they're going to put new songs in.

I wrote the book, the music and the lyrics.

Where are they going to get the songs from? Who's going to do that? That's a bit strange isn't it?"

It is strange, after the f**ked up Carmen with Beyonce, MTV should have been banned from movie making. Time for a boycott.

3 comments:

Joie Mayfield said...

I read that about Richard O'Brien, and I laughed. I like how presumptuous MTV is in assuming it will just happen without the consent of the author, lol.

Allan S. said...

I find it hard to believe that there isn't some new piece of musical theatre out there, that needs the love and money of MTV, to have it's moment in the spotlight.

Why do they have to go back to fierce moments like Rocky Horror. I feel they will just ruin it like B'way did to Hairspray.

Oh wait, I think I know. It takes balls to give new material and ideas a chance these days. Producers want a shore thing. Why not dig up a subversive classic with a cult following. You have a built in audience.

Punks!

Wonder Man said...

This should be untouched, it's good as it is.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.