Sunday, August 17, 2008

Interesting Quote: Robert Downey Jr.


"My whole thing is that that I saw 'The Dark Knight'. I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."

Source

2 comments:

Joie Mayfield said...

Well, yeah, F-ck DC comics... he's pretty much Marvel's spokesman right now with Iron Man and the upcoming The Avengers. Still, it's just bad taste.

Greg said...

His grand pronouncement might actually carry some weight if the earlier part of his sound byte had made the slightest bit of sense.

Ever speak a sentence that wasn't scripted for you, Robert?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.