Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Vague-Spoiler Free Review of Man of Steel


So, I saw Man of Steel last night and it wasn't bad, not great, but really good. This is a different take on Superman and his mythos, but in all it was good film.

I haven't done this in a while, but here is my vague, spoiler free review

  • Interesting take of Krypton. It's desert like and filled with weird animals.
  • The look of the Kryptonian council reminded me of John Byrne's work in his version of Superman.
  • The S mean something besides Super.
  • Look for the huge dildos, when you see the film, you will get what I'm talking about.
  • The flashbacks were fine, but kinda all over the place.
  • It seemed that Clark was always running from himself.
  • There were scenes that happened too fast, needed more time to flesh them out.
  • Henry's body is sickening.
  • Lois wasn't weak, but it felt like I didn't know her character.
  • This film was a mash-up of the first 2 original Superman films.
  • No kneeling.
  • This was gritty, folks died.
  • Clark was more Kal-El in this film.
  • There were a couple of DC Comics nods in the movie.
  • Henry does a great Superman, hands down.
  • The battle scenes were a bit much.
  • The city of Metropolis looked like Mars after the big showdown.
  • Superman is very confident in a Wolverine kind of way.
  • I can see how the Justice League film can happen after this movie.
  • And I can see why Superman would need a team.
  • It was nice to see Superman struggle with his morals.
  • Clark had a bunch of random jobs, he was basically in the 47%.
  • I can see more films with Henry as Superman.
Again, it was good, not great. Not Avengers, but better than Batman Begins. I do recommend this movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean by "sickening"? Is it his butt?

Dan O. said...

Great review Viktor. Not the best superhero movie in recent memory, but a fine addition to the genre that’s either hit, or completely miss.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.