Friday, June 21, 2013

Paula Deen has been Fired


Food Network has decided not to renew Paula's contract after the racial drama popped up.

I had the video up, but it's been taken down. However, here is her statement
“I want to apologize to everybody for the wrong that I’ve done, and I want to learn and grow from this. Inappropriate, hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable. I’ve made plenty of mistakes along the way, but I beg you, my children, my team, my fans, my partners, I beg for your forgiveness. Please forgive me for the mistakes that I’ve made.”

I actually found a clip

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annnnnd the video was removed by the user.

I bet it wasn't nearly as entertaining as #PaulasBestDishes!

Anonymous said...

I feel she caved in due to media pressure.anaaway Michi

Damien said...

I hate the N word myself - even used by black people themselves - so why does this seem like a storm in a tea cup?

Am I reading this wrong?

cre8ivtyp said...

I don't think her using the N word is the only reason why she was let go by the Food Network. The media is so focused on this, the bigger picture is that she and her brother are being sued by a former employee for sexual and racial harassment. I think the Food Network is getting out while the getting is good because to be honest, I don't think she can come back from this.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

She's had a lot thrown against her since the whole dibeetus thing... she rose from oblivion, and I'm afraid that's where she will return. I like Paula, and her boys are cute, and they certainly had star power for a while. But now their star is tarnished, and TV land has proven time and time again that it's much easier to find a new star than it is to polish an old one. Isn't that right, Lindsay Lohan?!

Anonymous said...

I wonder Oprah has to say?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.