Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Convo with a Friend


My friend told me that he's not built for a relationship. I asked him why does think that and he said, it's too much to be bothered with.

He likes being with himself. But I can't imagine not wanting to be with someone or being single forever. I told him he hasn't found the right guy, but he says, "I'm good."

I said that he has to believe in love. But he said 'not really'. I never heard anyone say that before. I wonder what happened to make him feel that way? I kinda hurt my heart to hear that. I think you have to believe, you have to believe that someone will love and cherish you.

Yeah, you have to believe in love... Because if you don't, what else do you have to believe in?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think people get to a certain age, like me, and feel like if it hasn't happened yet, it's not going to. I'm not against it but I've spent more time single then in a relationship and I'm comfortable being single. I'm not going to turn love and a life together away but I'm no longer pitting my happiness on it either. I have had love and relationships and I was very lucky that there was no betrayal or hurtfulness or anything bad except that it didn't last.

Bob said...

Years back i was in an LTR, and then it ended and I was single for a loooong time.
I told everyone I liked being single, and I believe I even said, like your friend, "I'm good."
Then i met Carlos and all that changed ...
Now I'm good.

BloggerJoe said...

The first guy I dated when I came out felt like that. He was happy to be my "mentor", and figured if anyone had a chance of changing his mind it would be me. After six months, he still didn't feel like he was in a relationship other than FWB. We're still friends, though I've moved on. He's still single, and still very happy.

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, you can function quite well without that special someone. I haven't been on a date in years and there's only one person I've met since then in RL I'd consider dating.

If anything, it gives me a lot of time to pursue solitary pursuits and I'm enjoying it.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.