Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Picture worth a 1000 Words: Paula Deen's Supporters


Check this out.

After the Paula Deen drama, here are the fans waiting (in passive protest of sorts) for the Paula's restaurant to open. These fans are upset, mostly at Food Network for dropping her. In fact, some of them are thinking about boycotting the network.

This image here is very telling in so many ways. This line kinda makes me sad, because they are the stereotypical people that would defend the actions and defend the use of the N-Word.

Yeah, this image says a lot when you think about it.

source

4 comments:

C.George said...

I expected this. This does not surprise me at all.

Anonymous said...

And of course there's the token black person in the picture, too. I bet the photographer made sure he appeared in the picture to make sure it wasn't all white people waiting in line. I hate it when the media does things like that to make it look more mainstream.

But in 2013 we have Twitter and we know the demographic of her supporters.

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard the work TOKEN in awhile.lmao

Anonymous said...

What's stereotypical is your take on the picture. Of course they are fat white people in line and that makes them typical uneducated people who are there because they support the use of the "N" word. They probably just left a klan meeting right? And oops, there is a black guy in line, he must have been planted in the line by a photographer right? And truth be knows he probably has used the "N" word more than every person in line including the great white racist herself Mrs. Deen. But none of that matters when applying your double standard. Carry on with your hate. I'm sure you wont allow this comment so I guess I just wasted my time.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.