Friday, June 14, 2013
George Zimmerman's father put out an e-book called, “Florida v. Zimmerman: Uncovering the Malicious Prosecution of my Son, George”.
In this book he has a chapter that is so ridic and... A True mess to behold.
Think Progress has the scoop:
The most striking chapter is called “Who Are The True Racists,” an apparent effort to rebut claims that his son’s actions were racially motivated.
Previously, Zimmerman Sr. “believed generally racism was a thing of the past.” He says that, personally, he hadn’t encountered much racism, even though his wife is Hispanic. But after his son shot and killed Trayvon Martin, however, Zimmerman learned that racism is “flourishing at the insistence of some in the African American Community.” He then goes on to list various black leaders and organizations that he believes are racist:
- Congressional Black Caucus. “[A] pathetic, self-serving group of racists… advancing their purely racist agenda.” He later adds that “all members of Congress should be ashamed of the Congressional Black Caucus, as should be their constituents.” And finally: “They are truly a disgrace to all Americans.”
- The NAACP. “[S]imply promotes racism and hatred for their own, primarily finical, interests” and “without prejudice and racial divide, the NAACP would simply cease to exist.”
- NAACP President Benjamin Jealous. “[W]hat I would expect of a racist.”
- Trayvon Martin’s funeral director. A “racial activist and former head of the local NAACP.”
- Benjamin Crump, Natialie Jackson and Darrly Parks, attorneys for Travyon Martin’s family. “The scheme team.”
- The National Basketball Players Association.
- Black Chamber of Commerce.
- National Association of Black Law Enforcement Officers.
- National Black United Fund.
Really George Sr.? We are the racists? I am beyond livid at this fool! How can he say that with a straight face? And please, this man don't know racism. If he did, he wouldn't have written this foolish chapter. And who do you think is going to buy this book? Mostly people who believe the stereotypes about us. That chapter is racist in its self.
- United Negro College Fund.