Friday, July 13, 2012

Drama on the Comic-Con Floor


So much happened yesterday at Comic-Con. I'm still recovering from the craziness that took place over the last 24 hours, let me break it down for you.
  •  The 1st meal I had on Wednesday night was at 11pm. It was a grilled cheese sandwich which gave me food poisoning.
  • I couldn't really sleep and I had to be there at 5:30am to get the Jem doll.
  • I stood in line from 5:50am to 8:30am for a ticket for the doll. And one I got the ticket, the  time stamp was for the afternoon.
  • During that time, I got sick and had to carefully and cutely throw up in the bushes. Only a few folks saw me, one guy checked on me. He thought I was dealing with a hangover.
  • Because I was sick, I didn't eat all day. Then, I was growing super weak from standing and walking around the main floor. Luckily, we had a VIP lounge for Professionals. 
  • I tried to help a friend get some his (toys) items since he didn't get a ticket. Once I finally got to the check-out line, my wonderful bank freaked out and canceled my card.
  • After arguing with them for 30 minutes, they let the purchase go through, but they claimed my card was being comprised. So now, I have a temporary account... I HATE Bank of America! I think I need to go to Chase.
  • After all that drama, I was dead. I went back to the hotel and crashed for 7 hours. I guess I need it.
All in all, I'm still having a great time.

3 comments:

behrmark said...

Take care of yourself!!

K. Clark said...

Sucks you got sick, but at least your still having a good time.

How do you throw up cute? I need to know for possible future food poisoning reference.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the drama on your first day. Go with a credit union! Less hassle and better service.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.