Friday, July 13, 2012

Brandon White's Attacker claims: ‘I didn’t hit him to the point of killing him’


An update from the Brandon White case. Dorian Moragne, was one of Brandon's attackers. At the hearing, Dorian was the only attacker to speak and he had a lot to say.

Here more from the ATL's Project Q:
“First and foremost I would like to start off with an apology from deep down,” he said. “This attack did not only affect [White] but was also taken as an attack on the gay community.”
Moragne said he could change if given another chance.
“I truly believe that I can become a productive member of society. I am actively pursuing change in my life,” he said. “We made a mistake. I don’t hate nobody. I’ve got gay family.”

But Banks challenged Moragne on the sincerity of his apology and his refusal to admit that he’s a gang member. Moragne nearly derailed his plea agreement during a hearing in May when he balked at admitting to a felony count of solicitation of gang activity.

“I didn’t want to plead guilty to the gang member because I am not a gang member. I plead guilty because I didn’t want to take it to trial. I am not in no gang. I am not a Blood or Crip. I am from Florida,” Moragne said Thursday.

“This ain’t what y’all portraying it to be. This ain’t California. We don’t have a history of beating up gay people. All of this stuff you are putting on the media to say we beat gay people so you can pass a law,” he added.
And....
Moragne continued by attempting to undercut the seriousness of the attack: “I barely hit him. I was wrong for hitting him but I didn’t hit him to the point of killing him. I was just being young and dumb.”

Banks retorted by asking Moragne if he threw a tire on White.

“Next question please,” Moragne retorted.

“Did you throw a tire on him?”

“Yes.”
Dorian the other men faces up to 75 years in prison if convicted 

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.