Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Vague Review of The Dark Knight Rises


After the horrible incident, I wanted to wait to show my vague review of The Dark Knight Rises. I don't know about you, but I thought it was great!

Superb, even!

But I don't want to spoil it so here is my review
  • The movie was almost three hours long
  • The use of Bane was beefed up, better than the comic version
  • Catwoman was very good, I 'm glad I was wrong about her
  • The movie takes place 8 years after the Joker's mad reign 
  • Theme of the of the movie is Pandora's Box, when the monsters come, there's always hope at the end
  • While it was a long film, it went by very fast
  • Mr. Fox was perfect
  • Bruce was never the same after Rachel's death. The film did a great job reflecting that
  • Alfred had some great lines and depth to his character
  • There was not quick fix to this film and I totally like that
  • The chanting was a bit much
  • I enjoyed Bane's character
  • The message of all of the 'Dark Knight' films seems to be about setting people free from rules and greed
  • There should not anymore 'Dark Knight' films. this was a great ending to a great trilogy
  • I highly recommend this film

2 comments:

Dan O. said...

If there’s anybody in the world who could have made not one, not two, but three epic and great Batman films, it’s Christopher Nolan and it’s so sad to see him end it all. However, what a great trilogy he gave us and if anything, this movie should mainly be remembered and loved for that reason. Good review.

Arun said...

Great review!

I agree with you about this being an fitting end to the trilogy. Chris Bale was at his best and Anne was great as Selina as well.

Check out my spoiler free review .

Cheers!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.