Monday, July 16, 2012

My (Vague) Review: Arrow


During Comic-Con, I got to see the pilot for Arrow, CW's latest DC Comics series. It's based from Green Arrow and according to the series, the story comes from Green Arrow: Year One.

From what I saw... it was cute, it has CW written all over it, but it's cute. Here's my bullet-point review.
  • In the first 10 minutes, we see how hot Arrow is
  • The theme of the show is very Gotham-ish, basically Batman Begins with Green Arrow
  • Arrow or Ollie was a rich boy boy before his transformation 
  • The action scenes were very good, Ollie proves to be a force to be reckoned with 
  • His sister is called Speedy, I wonder if this something to come
  • Ollie is avenging his father, he knew something big was coming
  • Stephen does a great job playing Arrow/Ollie, I hope he can carry the series
  • I don't like how they set this up to be look like a younger version of Batman
  • The horrid song, Levels found its way in a scene
  • Not really feeling Dinah Lance
  • The mother knows more than she says she does
  • Over all the pilot was cute, on the fence if I will be a watcher, but it was solid 
  • China White will be in these season

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.