Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Yes, it's time for a Black Panther movie and I think Marvel should really get on this. Black Panther is a Marvel Comics staple. He's been in the game for years and folks need to know why he is a hero worthy of his own movie trilogy.
So, I came up with 10 reasons why T'Challa deserves big screen love:
- Black Panther has been in the comic game for over 50 years.
- T'Challa comes from a fascinating background. He is from Wakanda, a fictional African nation. This nation was not only full of mythical history, but it's the (Marvel) world's most technologically advanced nations.
- Black Panther was the first Black superhero in mainstream comics.
- He has had a pivotal role in the Marvel Universe. T'Challa has been a member of the Avengers, Fantastic Four and the Defenders. He has also taken on the role of Daredevil for a time. His brains and leadership has been imperative throughout Marvel's history. And did you know he's a Scientist and a Doctor?
- He is a f**king King of a nation.
- T'Challa has a strong supporting cast of allies and villains. From Storm to M'Baku the Man-Ape, there are plenty of characters that could assist in solid stories for the movies.
- And speaking of stories, Black Panther has a vast amount of stories to tell. As King of Wakanda or his adventures in America, there are plenty ideas to draw from.
- Marvel Studios would set a strong precedent for lead characters of color in films.
- T'Challa is an amazing character.
- We need a Black superhero. We know it will work, look at the Blade series. Black Panther could be a spark that sets off a new trend of Comic Book movies featuring heroes of color.