Thursday, May 13, 2010

Interesting Quote: George Rekers



"I confessed to the Lord and to my family that I was unwise and wrong to hire this travel assistant after knowing him only one month before the trip and not knowing whether he was more than a person raised in a Christian home. I also confessed to the Lord and to my family the sin of thereby putting myself into a vulnerable situation where I tragically became subject to false allegations. And I have committed myself to ongoing meetings with an experienced pastor and counselor from my church, so I can more fully understand my weaknesses and prevent this kind of unwise decision-making in the future."

So is he kind of admitting he enjoyed the 'long stroke'?

source

5 comments:

YvesPaul said...

I see this as a recoil. He is getting his mind and his story "straight", so he can sue the Miami News Times. Honestly, that's probably his last opportunity to get big time money for a while. His credibility is shot.

Bob said...

I almost feel sorry for him.
Almost.
So closeted, so self-loathing. I mean to utter words of contempt for the person you are has got to be far more soul-wrenching than anything else.

Prince Todd said...

Travel Assistants? Is that what they're calling whores these days?

kayman said...

In the sound effect from the old Wendy William Experience radio show: "I'M GAY, I'M A HOMO, I LIKE GUYS!" "OOOOOOO, HOW U DOIN'!, ALRIIIIGHT! AWWW!"

Unknown said...

If I could speak to George Rekers... I'd tell him "nigga, please."

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.