Monday, May 31, 2010

Flashback 1992/1993- My Fashion


I was obsessed with Cross Colours back in the day!

Cross Colours was the Hip Hop style of the 90s and a sign urban bougieness (This sh** was expensive).

I remember working hard at a blue jeans factory in Hickman, KY, just to buy as much Cross Colours as I could. I thought, I need to make an impression at college so what better way to do, but to do it in style.

I had at least 6 pairs of jeans, and if you remember the jeans, they were Rainbow Brite bright! But I loved them and the neon colored hoodies, T-shirts, jackets and a big orange tunic that if I had to do it all again, I wouldn't wear it to save my life.

In fact, if I had to do it all over again, I would have start my Ralph Lauren fetish earlier.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Me, I was wearing rayon shirts.

SteveA said...

Luckily fashion is a sign of the times so everyone would have been into those trends.
I remember me in the 80's - denim sliced at the legs and knees, rock tee and converse sneakers - it's still fashionable now - but when I look back - yikes.

At least I was never into the acid wash thing - hooray!

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

JESUS BE A FENCE! I HATED THE 90S! THE 80S WERE MUCH BETTER. LOL

IN THE 90S ALL THE GIRLS WORE SOUP CAN HEELS!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.