Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Batwoman for DC Mayor


Cute.

Our favorite Lesbian superhero is going for the political gold. Batwoman is running for DC Mayor.

A Real Hero for Real Equality

Today, I Batwoman, proudly announce my candidacy for mayor Washington, DC. I do so because I believe that we are in a monumental period in the history of our nation's capital that requires a different kind of leadership. We need a real hero for real equality.

My father, my personal hero, instilled in me a commitment to community, family and service. Because of this and my love of DC, I am committed to making our city the most livable city on earth.

I have spent a majority of my adult fighting against corruption and crime as a superhero. I now look to continue my service to the people of DC by working to reduce violent crime, ensure that all residents are able to see a doctor when ill and that every person is able to marry the person they love.

I am proud of DC and the time that I have spent here including my time at Duke Ellington School for the Performing Arts, Howard University and helping young children learn to read with the READ DC Foundation.

I ask for your vote, for your support and for your commitment to the city we call home. Together, we can continue to build a city that we can all be proud of.

She has a purpose and a cause. And maybe she can continue busting Marion Barry for his foolishness.

Source

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.

Michael Crawford said...

My name is Michael Crawford and I am campaign manager for Batwoman for DC Mayor. Thanks for your support!

The campaign is part of an online campaign training bootcamp that we are participating in where we are learning cutting edge online strategies to win campaigns and build progressive power.

Check out Batwoman's campaign site www.batwomanfordc.com.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.