Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Schwarzwarenegger Cuts HIV/AIDS funding in Cali


Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger slashed all HIV/AIDS funding for prevention and care management programs in Cali.

This is a devastating blow to service groups and the people affected with the disease. I know things had to change, but this? HIV/AIDS funding had to suffer?

What about the people who needs the funding, the education, the counseling?
This is a horrible message to send to our citizens.

This is unacceptable!

Source

4 comments:

Joy said...

Not a good place to cut funding!

I mentioned you on my blog because there's a blog I think you might like. Let me know if you do.

Prince Todd said...

Oh my god. That was the WRONG thing to cut. I see another surge in the epidemic because of this. Not good. Not good at all.

Prince Todd said...

Oh my god. That was the WRONG thing to cut. I see another surge in the epidemic because of this. Not good. Not good at all.

lc said...

i agree. definitely not a smart move no matter how you cut it. i'm sure something else could have went. definitely the wrong message being sent. i hate to say it, but i'm am soooo getting over l.a./california in many ways...

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.