Friday, December 26, 2008
This year was interesting year to say the least. We saw good stuff and bad stuff, then there were things we couldn't done without. So to follow with other 2008 lists, I've put together a list of some not so good stuff in our world.
- Fall of the Icons. Very rarely our divas put out CDs around the same time, but when they do I expect the competition to be on. But it wasn't, it was uber-off. Mariah, Janet, and Moo-donna put out their CDs and you could tell it was all about the money. I was deeply hurt with Janet, I expected so much as the failures of the Damita Jo and 20 Y.O. However, this CD was just rehashed mess from All for You. Mariah was suppose to ride on the success of Mimi, but that MC2 just equaled muck. Moo-donna's CD was more of a Ghost Town DJs CD minus My Boo.
- The continuation of The Lair and Dante's Cove. These shows are mistakes in the gay horror/supernatural world. I hate to think there are powerful ideas floating in limbo, while these "shows" continue to plague the screen. Both series are jokes with hot bodies and no substance. They are embarrassments to the gay geeks.
- Prop 8. We lost and because of poor planning we are still screaming, blaming, and lallygagging with no set plans or goals. Hopefully, this will change soon.
- Racism. After the lost of Prop 8, we witnessed hidden racial tension. Also we had a few speakers for the minority communities who views were mistaken for the overall communities' views. These speakers were given the limelight to spat off their opinions which didn't help anything at all.
- Rise of assaults. This year we lost a lot of family due to violence and ignorance. A transsexual was murdered in Memphis, a man was beaten to death in New York on the belief he was gay, 3 gay men were killed in New Orleans, then a gay teen was killed in his dorm room by a guy who just wanted to say he murdered someone.
- Rick Warren. This man is like Magneto. While some of us are upset, others are ready to hunt this man down. He stirred up so much stuff he's beyond human, he's like a virus. I'm sure this was the last thing he wanted when he got the call from White House.
- The Mormons. We didn't see them coming. They were the thieves in the night, raising tons of money to halt our marriage rights. It's so hard for me to look my favorite Donny & Marie performances the same way since Nov. 4th.
- Bitterness & Bitchy. I've noticed that the gays in power seemed to be bitchy and almost evil. I remember reading some of Perez Hilton's stuff about outing stars. Would he had wanted someone to out him when he wasn't ready? No! So why would he do the same? Here's more on this topic that is dead on. It sad to see gay power beset by such bitterness and mess.
- Katy Perry made bank from her fauxmosexual song, I Kissed a Girl. It was insulting.
- ManHunt's Repub love. Johnathon Crowley, co-owner of the gay hook-up site, ManHunt donated money to McCain's campaign. The fallout lead to his resignation, but it didn't hurt the business.
- Hiding in Hip Hop: Terrance Dean's book of debauchery. I wrote a lot about this book and its purpose to out major stars and R&B artists for the sake of might dollar. This book was not what it seemed, nor anything worth buying. It was actually a slap in the face to the LGBT community.