Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Queerty has given me an idea. Today in their post, they talked about 3 shows Logo should produce. Like them, I agree that their programming needs a good stirring in the creative pot.
So I'm going to continue their idea and pitch some shows as well.
- A "Gay" View. I would love to see or be a part of a LGBT version of The View. It would be cute to see a diverse crew of LGBT people talking about our world and everything else around it.
- A good, good drama show like Six Feet Under and NOTHING like Queer as Folk. Ex: After a rude awakening, a nightlife impresario decides to change his life and start a LGBT home for troubled youth.
- A supernatural show that does not make a joke out the genre, Joss Whedon-like writer would be great. Ex: A young gay outsider falls for another outsider who happens to be half-demon.
- Continue the Can't Get a Date series. It's good to see other LGBT folks dealing with dating issues.
- Have a Midnight Special variety hour. There are a lot of LGBT musical artists. It would be nice to see them perform.
- Create a series called Everyday, that highlight the great things LGBT folks are doing. We don't see that enough in the media.