Monday, December 15, 2008

My Top 5 Witch Movies

I'm not a huge vampire, werewolf, or monster person; I'm all about the witches! Witches are the best of the supernatural things and there are a few witch movies that I have grown to love over the years.

Tonight I present the top 5 witch movies ever. Not in any order.

Suspiria-an American dancer joins a dance school with a secret, it's coven of witches! The scenes and graphics are beautiful and haunting. I felt this movie and the horror was original and deep. Superb, Argento!


Midnight Offerings-truly a classic. The best teen witch movie ever. Robin moves into town inhabited by Hecate witch who wants it all. The two cross paths when a boy gets involved.


Stranger in Our House/Summer of Fear-I read this book many years ago and I saw this movie on Saturday Nightmares on USA network. This story is about a girl who new babysitter-like friend could be a witch.


The Craft-an emo witch girl flick. Fairuza Balk is wonderful in this movie and it was a cute high school witch club affair.


The Woods-very interesting film, very beautiful scenes, but predicable. Still a fun movie. A young girl goes a private school only to discover the darkness hidden in the trees.


So those are my faves, if anyone has any to suggest, I'm open.

3 comments:

YvesPaul said...

I loved The Craft!

But what about Harry Potter? Just kidding... hehe...

Christopher said...

It really scares the SHIT out of me that we love all the same movies! Love them!

Jonathan Pizarro said...

The Craft was HUGE when I was in school, everyone started dressing a bit more goth and got all interested in witchcraft. I know it's not a horror movie but I do love The Witches Of Eastwick.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.