Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Do We Need LOGO?


Today a study revealed some interesting news about our superchannel, LOGO. According to their own press release, the research shows the younger gay don't really see a need for LOGO. Interesting.

Among the key findings of the national qualitative and quantitative research:

· A vast majority (79 percent) of gay people think it’s important to integrate into the greater culture and 64 percent are open about their sexual orientation to at least their family members.

· Less than half of gay people want to live in the city and a majority want to live in suburbia or small-town America. Regardless of where they want to live, 58 percent want to live closer to other gay people.

· Two-thirds of younger gay people expect to be partnered with kids at some point in their adulthood, while less than a third of gays 35 and older expect the same.

· Younger gay people have an even mix of gay and straight friends.

· Overall, gay people rank marriage equality as the number one issue about which they’re passionate, followed by the environment, health care and the economy.


I guess the gays are growing up. Click here for more.

4 comments:

RobOrange said...

I love those tees. I have said
that the 'gay' will be the new
first person to die in horror movies
and such instead of the black guy.
I guess that is step in the right direction.

Queers United said...

im a 20's something gay and i like LOGO.

Joie Mayfield said...

I'm 28, and I love LOGO. I mean, I wish they wouldn't have so much lesbian content, lol, but I think it's great. It's a place I can turn to knowing that gay people won't be shown in a negative light.

Plus, it's got Sordid Lives, The Series.

RobOrange said...

http://www.afterelton.com/blog/snicks/tyrese-gibson-plays-gay-bad-ass-in-death-race-or-does-he

I was wrong...the Gay Black guy lives.
Yeah, Team!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.