Friday, August 9, 2013

Doctor Diagnoses patient as Gay


It is too early for this mess.

Matthew Moore went to the doctor for a check-up and that doctor diagnosed him with "Homosexual behavior".

No joke. Matthew said:
"When I look up code 302.0 and its sexual deviancy or mental illness, and that code has been removed or suggested heavily not to be used since 1973. My jaw was on the floor. At first, I kind of laughed, I thought, 'Here's another way that gay people are lessened and made to feel less-than,' and then as I thought about it and as I dealt with it, it angered me."
Matthew went back to the doctor's office to confront her about this 'condition'.  And believe it or not, that doctor actually defended her position. She said that his condition "is still up to debate" and that the sexual orientation is "still being thought of as a disease."

I think this doctor needs to be called to the carpet. To say something like this is ridiculous, just pure ridiculous. I hope Matthew holds her ass accountable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's one the many things I love about my doctor. He made no issue of my being gay.

The similarities between my doc and I are remarkable. Both of us at that time were studying Italian, a little easier for me since it's so close to Spanish. He's the same age as me. And Italian-American like me.

And he has a sense of humor.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.