Tuesday, August 20, 2013

San Antonio Councilwoman defends being Homophobic


Last week, Miss Elisa Chan, a councilwoman for District 9 in San Antonio, was caught being very anti-gay towards us. Once the interview went viral, Elisa became a poster girl for Super Anti-Gay Hater Woman.

But instead of trying to clean up this mess, she puts out this statement:
“The comments from the staff meeting on May 21st were and are my personal opinions and thoughts as guaranteed to me by the 1st amendment to the U.S. Constitution. It is unfortunate that a former member of my D9 Council team betrayed the trust of my staff members and me. I will fight, I will always fight for our freedom of speech, especially in a private setting.”
Elisa, girl you need to get it together and just accept what you did. Don't try to dress this up as an issue of free speech. It's tacky and demeaning. We ain't stupid.

source

3 comments:

Bob said...

Hmmm, wonder how she might feel if someone made anti-Asian statements privately?
Would that be okay?

BloggerJoe said...

To me, it seems at its core that this is an issue of free speech. She's allowed to think what she likes and to verbalize those thoughts as she chooses. She's also allowed to accept the consequences of those spoken words whether it means being voted out of office, vilified by the masses, or becoming a social pariah.

Anonymous said...

It's odd that from this article's tone , it takes on a gay prospective . I guess I wandered into a realm of which I don't wish to be in . I do find it odd that the gay community does not wish to chastise their own , when comments are made about others's lifestyle . I suggest that gays should first wipe their own ass before calling out others comments . It can be equally hurtful to others . It's a shame the gay communities ass was reddened , but damn , make sure it doesn't have distasteful comments attached like those of the has been actor and gay champ George "Sulu " Talei .

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.