Friday, August 30, 2013
As one of the world’s most inclusive brands, we value and celebrate diversity. We have long been a strong supporter of the LGBT community and have advocated for inclusion and diversity through both our policies and practices. We do not condone human rights abuses, intolerance or discrimination of any kind anywhere in the world.
As an Olympic sponsor since 1928, we believe the Olympic Games are a force for good that unite people through a common interest in sports, and we have seen firsthand the positive impact and long-lasting legacy they leave on every community that has been a host.
We support the core values of the Olympic Movement – excellence, friendship and respect – and are proud to continue our role in helping to make the Olympics a memorable experience for athletes, fans and communities all around the world. We are engaging with the International Olympic Committee on this important matter.
We believe a more positive impact can be made through continued involvement, rather than by sitting on the sidelines.
Our actions and policies demonstrating our support for the LGBT community include the following:
- We have a long-standing HR policy protecting our employees from discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity and expression.
- We have a Global Mutual Respect Policy that sets out our expectations for how employees should treat one another as well as anyone they interact with as a representative of the Company. The policy outlines our commitment to valuing diversity and inclusion and providing a workplace free of discrimination or harassment. You can read more about this at: http://www.coca-colacompany.com/our-company/global-mutual-respect-policy
- We have scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index every year since it was launched in 2006.
- We have had an LGBT Business Resource Group at the Company for 13 years that is funded and supported through the Chief Diversity Officer’s department.
- We were one of the first companies in the U.S. to publicly support the Employment Non-Discrimination Act to protect employees from discrimination due to sexual orientation.
- We have provided financial support and significant Company presence to several LGBT events over the past several years, including numerous Pride festivals and parades across the country.
Our Global Supplier Diversity team participates in outreach events such as the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) Awards Dinner, the NGLCC Business and Leadership Conference, and the Atlanta Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce Corporate Sponsors Reception.
We will continue to promote our values for diversity and tolerance around the world through our policies and actions.