Monday, August 26, 2013

My Take on the VMAs


So, I watched the VMAs (MTV Video Music Awards) last night and I'll tell you this... One, I'm old and two, it was interesting to see how music has changed... A lot.

Here is my review of the show
  • Lady Gaga's performance was meh and somewhat sloppy. She didn't win any fans with that opening act.
  • Miley Cyrus has grown up... into what, I don't know.
  • Robin Thicke is still hot, but that suit he wore made me want to scream Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.
  • Rihanna looked high all through the night.
  • There were a lot songs I've never heard of.
  • If BET Awards celebrates Black music, the VMAs...
  • In fact, Macklemore won Best R&B/Rap at the VMAs
  • Without Beyonce, you saw what life would be like.
  • Justin Timberlake gave a long ass performance that was overhyped.
  • However, when N'Sync performed, all eyes were on Joey Fatone... HOT.
  • Lil Kim didn't look scary. And it's time for a new CD.
  • Watching Jaden Smith cream over Drake was priceless.
  • Drake is sooo Dreamy.
  • Macklemore brought out Jennifer Hudson for their hit, Same Love. That was nice.
  • A$AP Rocky and Jason Collins should never be on stage... EVER.
  • Katy Perry... Well, it's Katy Perry. I'll just leave it at that

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I might have been the only person who stayed away from the VMAs last night, but mainly because I'm not into new music. Maybe it's because I'm old, but also because the quality isn't there.

Greg said...

From what little I did see of the show, I thought it was incredibly boring. Though I'm glad Macklemore won a few Moon Men.

K. Clark said...

I actually forgot the VMAs were on last night. But from the clips I saw, I agree with your recap. Miley in particular, was...girl no.

Calvin Coolidge said...

I can tell you what Miley Cyrus has grown up into: a talent-free slut.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.