Thursday, August 22, 2013

Remembering Wilson Williams Jr.


I wanted to take the time to recognize someone we lost.

Wilson Williams Jr was an artist, a creator, a mentor, gay and a geek. He was also one of my first readers of my blog and later a friend. Over the few years, Wilson would share his views and geeky moments with me. We had a lot in common, it was always good to connect with him because we both were creative Black gay men.

Now, you may not get why I said that, but for many Black gay men, finding a person to connect with on geeky levels can be hard. But Wilson and I shared a lot deep geeky moments. We got each other. In fact, he is one of the reasons why I love to blog. Wilson was a reminder that there were Black gay geeks out there. He was a reminder of why it was important to connect with them and how we have to stick together.

Wilson was a great artist and creator as well. His work captured the innocence and spirit of youth. When you see his work, you will understand.


Wilson died recently... And I wished I had a chance to meet him. But I know his spirit will live on, in his family, friends and his art.

We will deeply miss you, Wilson.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. (((hugs)))

Stan said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jezza said...

This is beautiful.
One of the best ways of honoring someone is by sharing what you enjoyed about them with someone who didn't know them.
Thank you very much for sharing this.

I am sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Wilson designed my children's book cover. He was a talented, nice guy. He will be missed.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.