Sunday, August 18, 2013

Um, Why is CW Whitewashing Sin Lance in ARROW?

So I just realized that the casting of Sin Lance in the second season of Arrow is not right. If you read Green Arrow or Birds of Prey, you will notice that Sin Lance is Asian.

See here, Sin is the young girl

And this is the actress who is playing her
Bex Taylor-Klaus
Now I don't mean no harm, but she doesn't have a lick of Asian in her.

In this day and age, CW should have known better. Why not keep Sin the way she was meant to be? And would they not think fans wouldn't say anything about this?

This is not a good look, CW. Please be aware of your actions with this casting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. When I saw Arrow last week they made Helena Bertinelli (Huntress) one-dimensional and I didn't like that. The sassiness, sarcasm and sensuality she brings to even a cartoon like Justice League Unlimited was missing.

I don't think I'll be watching it this season either.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.