Wednesday, August 28, 2013

6 Songs that are More Disturbing than Blurred Lines


Folks are talking about Blurred Lines being a disturbing and rapey song. I'm not sure if that's the case, but there are other songs that are far more worse than Robin's sexy summer tune. These songs either talked about sex, abuse or murder and yet, they were hits.

Check them out after the jump



Eminem - Kim


Suzanne Vega - Luka


Nine Inch Nails - Closer


The Police - Every Breath You Take


The Beatles - Maxwell's Silver Hammer


Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy

1 comment:

Blobby said...

Odd , I don't see 'Blurred Lines' as a rapey song, more just telling a girl she's a wanna be slut.

I think, for me, the difference is, of the examples you cited, they have musical integrity. I think Thicke's song (and video) is a bunch of shit thrown at the wall to see what would stick. It is just not a good song. I don't get the on-going appeal to it.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.