Saturday, August 24, 2013

In Harlem: A Transgender Woman was Savagely Beaten across the street from the Police Station


What is really going on?

A transgender woman named, Islan Nettles was a victim of a savage hate crime that actually across a the street from a police station last Saturday.

Seriously, across the street from the police station!

After fighting for her life the last few days, Islan was declared brain dead and taken off life support. Her murderer was arrested and his charges will be upgraded from a misdemeanor soon. But I can't get over the fact, that no one helped Islan or that she was beaten so close to a police station... That's outrageous to me!

To the friends and family of Islan. Stay strong and remember the good times.

RIP Islan.

source

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is why I mentioned I need to keep my head on a swivel once I come out to everyone. This could happen to someone like me, and no one may care what happens.

Anonymous said...

The police have cameras all around the police building so no one can leave a parked car/van parked. I bet the police saw what was happening and were too busy to care.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.