Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rapper Tyler overflows in Gay Slurs in Tweets


The rapper Tyler is all the rave in biz, but after I saw this post from JMG, I was a bit stunned. So, I looked at more of his tweets and found a few more 'wonderful' ones



This is unacceptable, point blank. I really don't get this "Look at me, I'm a man/rapper/Ho Master" mindset. This is not the 80s or the 90s anymore. There's no need for this stance from any rapper in this day and age, so why do it.

The constant use of these slurs send strong messages that still hurts and even kill. With everything that has happened with the suicides and bullying, everyone should know better. These words still dig deep. So to all of 188,000+ Twitter followers, y'all should call him out about this. Let him know this unacceptable. And to LGBT activists and bloggers, please post something about these tweets. He's getting all of this praise from the media, hopefully one of them will catch on and hold him accountable.

1 comment:

SteveA said...

I can't believe the insecurity of these gansta rap stars - they are rich from being close minded and violent in their lyrics? How does this work?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.