Monday, May 23, 2011

Me in 1988


To see this picture of me is a reminder of what used to be.

A pure dreamer
Sad
Overly optimistic
A person who thought my desires were sinful
A kid who was afraid to be alive
Full of ideas, wishes and innocence
A boy who wanted the same things as other teens
A believer in so many things
A boy who dreamed of kissing another boy
A voracious writer and reader
A boy who knew things will get better

At 14, I didn't know what was coming; but I knew there was more out there. Thank Hera, I made it through to see my dreams come true.

7 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

All in all, sounds like a life well-lived! Congratulations on being able to control your own happiness- it certainly is more fulfilling than waiting for someone else to do it!

Robyn said...

Cute pic!

Unknown said...

Amen to that.

behrmark said...

I'm jealous. You were so handsome and cute at that age (you still are) and had a sense of identity.

Ian said...

Awww V! Too precious there my friend. It's strange though not seeing you with the locs...

Damien said...

So cute and so wise.

Blessings on you boo.

Anonymous said...

How old are you really?? you seem to everywhere. Are you real? lol

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.