Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Interesting Quote: Stephen King


"I've heard rumblings about a Carrie remake, as I have about The Stand and It. ... Who knows if it will happen? The real question is why, when the original was so good? I mean, [it's] not Casablanca or anything, but a really good horror-suspense film, much better than the book. Piper Laurie really got her teeth into the bad-mom thing. Although Lindsay Lohan as Carrie White ... hmmm. It would certainly be fun to cast. I guess I could get behind it if they turned the project over to one of the Davids: Lynch or Cronenberg."
Stephen doesn't know why there's a remake to 'Carrie'


source

6 comments:

Bob said...

Why?
And with Lohan?
If you wanna see "Carrie", watch "Carrie".

Anonymous said...

I would like to see a black boy named Cary in an all white school of haters.
It would have more meaning I feel.
Don't take this the wrong way, I love my caucasian brothers. I want the starring role.

SteveA said...

I remember watching it and thinking wow - this story is quite dark...Wasn't John Travolta in it?

Anonymous said...

That's Vinnie Barbarino.lol
I had a huge crush on John and I still have his album he put out in 70's.Yes John Travolta was in "CARRIE".

Glenn Ingersoll said...

I thought there was already a Carrie remake ... Was it a sequel?

Anonymous said...

They had Carrie the "RAGE" and the there was the CARRIE made for TV which starred
Angela Bettis,which was closes to the book by Stephen,minus the computers.lol

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.