Sunday, December 7, 2008

Somewhat New Header


As some of you know, Xanadu is my favorite movie of all time. Yes, it's cheesy but it's so special to me. After I saw this movie I start drawing, dancing, writing and dreaming.

It was that type of flick that made me see a different side of reality. I will always cherish this movie and probably take the DVD with me to the grave.

But anyway, my partner, Jamie made this header for me using the Xanadu font (yes there's a Xanadu font) and his crafty shop work to create the light around me. When I saw it, I was floored. I always wanted that light ever since I saw the muses. I don't know, it just gave them this feeling of power and freedom. Now I have some of that too.

So I hope y'all enjoy the header; maybe more Xanadu-like things will pop up soon.

4 comments:

David Dust said...

You know, I have NEVER seen Xanadu. But I've always loved Olivia Newton John (and the song). Maybe I'll rent it.

Your "light" looks great.

XO

Anonymous said...

My favorite moment, next to the finale featuring Gene Kelly doing his thing, Olivia Newton and The Electric Light Orchestra is the big band/punk medley featuring The Tubes.

The blending of the old with the new is awesome. If I'm not mistaken, I think it would be known today as a MashUp.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoYXq-tK1M8

Wonder Man said...

Thank you NG, I've never seen that before! Thank you!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.