Monday, October 19, 2015

Sharon Valentine-Thomas wants to be the next Kim Davis


So, this woman would like to be the next Kim Davis.

In Pottstown, Pennsylvania Mayor Sharon Valentine-Thomas plans on running for the Montgomery County Register of Wills. Okay, that's fine... until Sharon said she will refuse to issue any marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

Sharon said:
“I am opposed to gay marriages on religious grounds, and my conscience will not allow me to sign off on marriage certificates for gay couples. People should not have to violate their conscience to run or to serve. I am not an obstructionist and will not force my values on others.”
Girl, I hope you've been paying attention. Kim Davis isn't popular in the country. Her image is a joke and she will go down in history as a bigot.

If you want that legacy, Sharon, have at it. Remember, you have a choice. Think about it, and act wisely.

source

2 comments:

Alan Scott said...

Her statement is stupid: She says she's not an obstructionist yet she will not sign off on gay marriage certificates. Then she says she will not force her values on others. Isn't that what she's doing now? What a loser.

I've been to Pottstown. It's really not significant.

BloggerJoe said...

Sounds like she's saying "I'm running for a job I won't do, but want to be paid for anyway."

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.