Tuesday, October 6, 2015

This is the 30th anniversary of Jem



Today is the 30th anniversary of one of the greatest cartoons ever made! When I watched Jem and the Holograms, I was so excited as 11-year-old boy watching this show my sisters.

The cartoon had so much color, so much life to it. You can tell that Christy Marx (Show's creator) really wanted this series to be more than a story about dolls. I was totally mesmerized by the series. It just captured so many things I was feeling at the time: a confused preteen who was into fashion and music. Through this series, I was able to discover my passions art and writing. I have to say that Jem ignited my creative side to the utmost. I was designing clothes, writing short stories and songs, and learning to except my true self.

I know people may think my love for a 'girly cartoon' is crazy, but this series really created who I am and so many ways. I cherish Jem and will always 'stan' for it.  I feel very fortunate that I got to experience the original phenomenon that is Jem and the Holograms. 

Thank you for 30 years of Glamour and Glitter, Fashion and Fame.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.