Wednesday, August 7, 2013

B. Scott files Multi-Million Dollar Gender Identity Discrimination Lawsuit against BET and Viacom


Social Media personality B. Scott is taking matters into his own hands. After the mess BET put him through about his dress attire for the BET Awards, B. Scott asked for an apology. But BET gave him a half-assed apology and try to sweep it under a rug... B. Scott ain't having that.

From his blog:
While I want nothing more than to put this incident behind me and move on with my life, I still wholeheartedly believe that I’m entitled to a true public apology. BET’s non-apology statement added more insult to injury. What happened to me was not a ‘miscommunication’ nor was it ‘unintentional’. It was wrong. I have been vehemently trying to come to a resolution with BET and Viacom behind the scenes. After a few weeks of back and forth dialogue with no foreseeable resolution, I have filed a lawsuit against BET and its parent company Viacom for discrimination on the basis of gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation.

Over the years my love muffins and strangers alike have questioned me about my gender identity. What IS B. Scott? As a society we’ve been conditioned to believe that a person has to be ‘exactly’ this or ‘exactly’ that. Biologically, I am male — as my sex was determined at birth by my reproductive organs.

However, my spirit truly lies somewhere in between. It is that same spirit that has allowed me to become so comfortable in my skin, choose how I express myself, and contributes to how I live my day-to-day life.
B. Scott is coming for BET

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on!

Damien said...

Good for B. I hope it is successful.

What happened to him was absolutely disgraceful.

And that apology was wretched

Anonymous said...

I hope B. gets some money.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.