Saturday, June 8, 2013

NO, I am Not a fan of GetEQUAL - My Rant


Here's the truth... I can't with GetEQUAL. I can't.

This particular LGBT activist group has irked for the last 3 years. I have never seen such misguided, short-sided and myopic group in my life. Well, maybe some frats, but they take the cake and mixing bowl too.

Every since they start heckling the President, I just served them the side-eye on the regular.

Now, why do I feel this way?
  • Their plans always feels like they thought it up at a Stop sign. There's no sense to it, it's just 'Let's make someone mad' and  then they run off to an event and do it. However, there is no follow-up. They just make a mess and leave it there for someone to clean up.
  • Their activists are like a teen cult. They all add 'equality' or 'getequal' as a middle name. It's the kind of shit you do when you join the neighborhood ten-speed bike club as a kid. And they are an annoying bunch of corner-sitters, with no true idea of what it means to be social minded activists.
  • They never admit their flaws, even though the WORLD shows them their mess with billboard-size pictures.
  • They are not big picture thinkers, they are 'Do it NOW' activists, which serves no one but themselves.
  • Their idea of getting attention is heckling... Not policy making, lobbying or educating others. To me, it's a tactic that leads to bullshit. There is no positive outcome to it.
  • Their egos are over-inflated. They really think they got rid of DADT. Child please. They just shouted loud and that's it.
  • They freak me out because they believe they are right and everyone else is wrong or not 'real activists'.
  • They never seem to go after our enemies as hard as our allies. When did GE get into the faces of Boehner, Tony Perkins, Rand Paul or Marco Rubio. I can tell you... NEVER! 
They follow the beat of their own drum. Too bad their drum is being played by broken toy monkey. I just don't understand their logic or their planning processes. They truly irk the Hell out of me and I will never trust anything they have their hands in.

3 comments:

Damien said...

That gets a full throated AMEN!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Preach!

I think they really need a time out, or even a backhanded slap to set them straight. I'm no fan of them at all, and after they heckled FLOTUS they lost all credibility.

BloggerJoe said...

yeah, me too

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.