Monday, April 1, 2013

Interesting Quote: Georgia GOP Chairwoman Sue Everhart


"You may be as straight as an arrow, and you may have a friend that is as straight as an arrow. Say you had a great job with the government where you had this wonderful health plan. I mean, what would prohibit you from saying that you’re gay, and y’all get married and still live as separate, but you get all the benefits? I just see so much abuse in this it’s unreal. I believe a husband and a wife should be a man and a woman, the benefits should be for a man and a woman. There is no way that this is about equality. To me, it’s all about a free ride.”
Girl, please

source

2 comments:

Bob said...

I.Have.No.Words.

Glenn Ingersoll said...

Note - her main concern is preventing people from getting good health care. Kinda shows the Republican heart, don't it?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.