Saturday, December 29, 2012

Kate Bush appointed CBE, the Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire


The woman who is the personification of real music has been given the highest honor. Kate Bush was awarded a CBE for her contributions to music.

A CBE is the Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire.

It's a frakking big deal

Kate said:
"I feel deeply honored to be included in this list. It's a great surprise and I'm really delighted. Thanks to everyone who's encouraged and supported my work over the years."

Kate has been and still is an inspiration to many musical artists. Her music is timeless and so powerful. I am in awe of her and she is a true icon of the arts.

Congrats Kate.

source

2 comments:

Damien said...

About time.

She is an icon of music.

Great to hear tho.

Greg said...

For some reason, I thought she'd already received this honor. She definitely deserves it.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.