Thursday, December 20, 2012

Interesting Quote: Henry Rollins


I appreciate and admire the day-to-day courage of the gay people I have encountered in the music world and elsewhere. I have never been put in the position of having to "stand up" for my heterosexuality. I am on the biggest possible team and it's always the home game for me. The Westboro Baptist Church's god doesn't hate me and I have lived life with an incredible amount of mobility and a low level of fear and tribulation. On the other hand, gay in Wyoming? That's some Bruce Lee Enter the Dragon highlight-reel action. 
I am not a religious person, but I will say that music is at least a way to live my life, it instructs me to adhere to a certain code of conduct. If I am digging music from all over the world, performed by males and females, gay and straight, then I am screwed on the prejudice front.

source

6 comments:

behrmark said...

I'm not certain if this is a little out of context or I'm distracted by his hotness...nevertheless I appreciate what he's trying to say.

Roger Poladopoulos said...

Good for him! He's absolutely right!

Bob said...

Great quote!

Unknown said...

Always profound, and always hot.

Unknown said...

Always profound, and always hot.

Unknown said...

I'm reasonably certain Westboro could find some reason to hate him...

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.