Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My (Vague) Review: The Amazing Spider-Man


We just saw The Amazing Spider-Man and I have to say it was really, really good.

Andrew Garfield is a perfect Peter Parker and the story was truly strong and engaging. Plus, Andrew was really cute in his tights. But before I get too caught up in Andrew's cute skinny self, here is my vague review.
  • Again, Andrew was great.
  • The story was solid and theme was very clear from the beginning.
  • The origin is very different, so purists will be upset.
  • Emma Stone gave some depth to Gwen Stacy.
  • The CGI  was spot on, a little tricky with the Lizard though.
  • There are some mysteries in the story.
  • There's a nice nod to Norma Rae.
  • The fight scenes were done well.
  • The writing was perfect and scenes were spot on.
  • There are some Marvel nods in the film so look out.
  • This was a very strong reboot I've seen in years.
In all, see this film. It was fun, exciting and solid.

3 comments:

SteveA said...

Thanks -I do plan to see it!

YvesPaul said...

Saw it last night. I liked it a lot, Andrew was really adorable.

Unknown said...

I took my little nephew to go see it yesterday. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.