Monday, July 2, 2012

Anderson Cooper reveals that he is Gay


We knew it, but now everyone does.

Anderson Cooper comes out after EW listed him as a gay celebrity. He tells Andrew Sullivan:
 There continue to be far too many incidences of bullying of young people, as well as discrimination and violence against people of all ages, based on their sexual orientation, and I believe there is value in making clear where I stand.


The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud.

I have always been very open and honest about this part of my life with my friends, my family, and my colleagues. In a perfect world, I don't think it's anyone else's business, but I do think there is value in standing up and being counted. I’m not an activist, but I am a human being and I don't give that up by being a journalist.
Now we know for sure. Welcome, Anderson.

source

3 comments:

Cubby said...

Tough luck, Anderson, I'm already married. You should have been quicker.

Stan said...

What a catch!

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not there are some who didn't know he was gay.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.